Monday, October 19, 2009

Knitting, Knot for crazy lonely ladies anymore...




So, A couple of years ago a good friend of mine taught me to knit. I was good at for the quarter of the scarf I got done, and then I put down my needles and when I went to go pick them back up, I had forgotten how to go about finishing the darn thing. So I told my dear husband that I wanted to go about buying a knitting book, so I could get back to knitting, and finish the scarf plus start some baby clothing projects-he gave me a crazy look and then gave me this link. It shows you in pictorials, words, and in video format for all types of learners. Now why would I want to go about knitting? You say. And I am ONLY 29 or 34 or .


Knitting (or crocheting) is not for Old ladies, rural Amish, or pregnant barefoot house moms any longer. That stereotype is long gone and knitting, believe it or knot, is cool! You can make neat toys for your little ones, hats for winter in cool shapes and styles, and knit that scarf you've always wanted but, expense-wise, was always out of reach. I suggest you start small, as you may be discouraged early and quit if you try to take on a duster length sweater. Try a stuffed teething toy or a baby cap for the baby you know that's on the way. A great way to be useful, save money, and have a great new hobby!




(Pictures courtesy of PDX Beanies and lulahoops on Etsy.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment